Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner for All of Us (Mikey too)


We had our first Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night. A turkey was thrust on me so I figured I’d better take the plunge and do Thanksgiving. I’m working on my People Pets cookbook so I seized the opportunity to experiment with only dog safe foods.

So I consulted the list, (it’s at the end of this post) and got to work. It was a bit of a challenge—I never cooked for Thanksgiving without garlic and onions and tomatoes and mushrooms…..But I think I succeeded. Everything tasted good, in spite of the omissions.

This also turned into a migraine free Thanksgiving. When I eat like a dog, I don’t get headaches. Sounds ridiculous, but it’s true. I cast aspersions at people who treat their dogs like people, but Mikey has taught me how to eat. Could it be that he treats me like a dog?
 


Bad for Dogs
Bad for Migraines
aged cheese
aged cheese
alcohol
alcohol
bananas
bananas
beer
beer
caffeine
caffeine
chickpeas
chickpeas
chocolate
chocolate
citrus
citrus
corncobs
corncobs
eggplant
eggplant
garlic
garlic
ketchup
ketchup
mushrooms
mushrooms
mustard seeds
mustard


No comments:

Post a Comment